Friday, March 2, 2012

Window Shopping & Review: Banana Republic/ MadMen Collection

Today I went to the mall to do some window shopping exercise. Then all the sudden I came to a screeching halt when I saw the newest MadMen Limited Collection at the Banana Republic! I loved what I saw in their window display so I decided to make a right hand turn into the store.

Amc and Banana Republic had team up again for another MadMen Collection. Inspired by the 1960's look designer Jamie Bryant has created a lovely Spring collection that is both handsome and sophisticated.

Here are my Banana Republic window shopping experience and reviews for their Spring collection.



My First Impression:

I have always loved this classy store! Today the staff happily greeted me and made me feel comfortable. The store was well organized, clean, and it was easy to navigate.


* The clothes were beautifully designed.
* Retro wearable for the modern world.
* Clothes looked vibrant and well made.





Betty Dress

* This fuchsia dress is made of a silk taffeta, which felt smooth and light and not heavy.
* Delineates the feminine figure pretty nicely.
* It is shinier in person. If you don't mind the shine this dress is wedding party ready.






Joan Floral Sheath

* The design is very sophisticated.
* Nice sleek material. Perfect for Spring and Summer.
* This dress flower pattern was a bit too abstract and large for my taste.






Cigarette Pants

* These pink cigarette pants are my favorites.
* The design is very 60's.
* Invisible side zipper.
* The material is soft and stretchy.
 
 Lace Shell:

* These 60's tailored lace top design hits perfectly at the hip.
* It is nicely lined.
* Sleeveless. Perfect for Spring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Final Verdict:

Very classy durable timeless designs that will last forever. It is a bit pricey for my pocketbook. But at the same time it is a very good investment.


Star Rating:

\bigstar\bigstar\bigstar\bigstar\bigstar


Happy Shopping!




Copyright © 2008-2012. Time Warp Wives. A Retrotimes Productions Website. All Rights Reserved. Research Information: Banana Republic at Altamonte Mall in Florida. Banana Republic Website. New York Magazine. Hollywood Life.

1 comment: